Happy New Year my fellow luxury lovers. I’m back with the latest recommendations for the top underrated designer bags that you can add to your wish list for 2021.
Celine Classic Box Bag
While the Celine Box Bag looks similar to the Hermes Constance, it certainly does not carry the hefty price tag that Hermes has. With a starting price of $4550 AUD ($3100 USD/ €2550 Euros/ £2350 GBP), this bag may seem like quite a splurge but it will never go out of style. My personal favourite is the Small Celine Box Bag in Lizard and I would recommend it to anyone who’s under 5 ft 8 inches (172 cm).
- A subtle and classic designer bag that doesn’t have a large logo or monogram
- This bag can be worn as a shoulder bag or crossbody bag
- It comes in a variety of seasonal colours that you can choose from
- The teen size and larger sizes can fit your phone. The small size could snugly fit my iPhone 11 Pro but won’t fit anything larger
- If you purchase the bag in calfskin, it’s prone to scratching. I would suggest getting it in lizard as it’s much more durable than calfskin
- It’s hard to adjust the bag strap length due to its stiffness and may take you longer than expected
While Bulgari has always been known as a leading jewellery brand, the quality of their bags is not to be underestimated. The best thing about these bags is that although they had a moment a few years ago, they were not overplayed like other ‘It’ bags and will remain a classic for many years to come. My personal favourite is the Bulgari Serpenti Forever Crossbody Bag in emerald green galuchat skin (stingray). The iconic snakehead on this particular bag is enclosed in malachite.
- Compared to other designers, the bag is quite affordable, starting at $2700 AUD ($1900 USD/ €1580 Euros/ £1400 GBP)
- Not many bags at this price point has a raincoat but the Bulgari bags do and will protect your bag against light sprinkling rain
- This bag also comes with a custom compact mirror that matches your bag so that you don’t have to worry about bringing your own
- Compared to other exotic bags from other designers, Bulgari’s exotic bags have a lower entry price point and are more affordable than the Chanel Classic bags
- If you get the crossbody version of the bag, you will not be able to double the bag strap into a shoulder bag
- The smooth calfskin models are prone to scratching so I would strongly recommend going with a more durable leather e.g. galuchat, karung leather
Louis Vuitton Capucines
Compared to other Louis Vuitton bags, the Louis Vuitton Capucines model has a much higher price point and is targeted towards those that aren’t looking to get a monogram bag. The Louis Vuitton Capucines bags start at $6250 AUD ($4200 USD/ €3200 Euros/ £3,000 Pounds) and can range up to $85,500 AUD for their exotic bags. My favourite version is the Capucines Mini in Taurillon black leather with gold monogram flowers.
- Detachable shoulder strap so you can wear it as a top handle bag or crossbody bag
- Comes in an array of sizes and colours, and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion
- If you prefer not to show the LV logo, you can cover it with the top flap so it’s more discreet
- The most common leather used for the bag, Taurillon (bull-calf) leather is grainy and scratch-resistant
- Due to the nature of the thickness of the leather, the bag can be quite heavy when full
- High price point compared to other Louis Vuitton bags
Are you going to add any of these bags to your wish list?
If so, please leave it in the comments below. I look forward to hearing about your 2021 purchases.